* Where to get Ada code
@ 1993-02-10 15:38 agate!doc.ic.ac.uk!warwick!uknet!yorkohm!minster!mjl-b
From: agate!doc.ic.ac.uk!warwick!uknet!yorkohm!minster!mjl-b @ 1993-02-10 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

For my research into programming patterns in Ada, I need as much Ada source
code as possible.

I would appreciate the addresses of any Ada repositories, either posted here
or e-mailed to me. Sites that I can access via anonymous FTP or mail server
would be best, but anything will do.

[Aside: I filled in an application for an account on AdaNet (a service run
by "MountainNet") at TRI-Ada back in November. Three months later, they
sent me a copy of their catalogue "as requested"... ]

Many thanks,

Mat

| Mathew Lodge             | "What's your name, boy?" "Kate." "Isn't that |
| mjl-b@minster.york.ac.uk |  a bit of a girl's name?" "It's short for... |
| University of York, UK   |  Bob." -- Blackadder II                      |

* Re: Where to get Ada code
@ 1993-02-11 12:05 news.ecn.bgu.edu!garrot.DMI.USherb.CA!newsflash.concordia.ca!nstn.ns.ca!c
From: news.ecn.bgu.edu!garrot.DMI.USherb.CA!newsflash.concordia.ca!nstn.ns.ca!c @ 1993-02-11 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

>I would appreciate the addresses of any Ada repositories, either posted here
>or e-mailed to me. Sites that I can access via anonymous FTP or mail server
>would be best, but anything will do.

  One of the better sites for source code is Simtel (wsmr-simtel20.army.mil)
the repository can be found in "PD7:<ada.xxx>".  It is mirrored at several
sites such as oak.oakland.edu (under "/pub/ada") and wuarchive.wustl.edu
(under "/mirrors/ada").  The are also a few Ada items in Simtel's MS Dos
collection under the "ada" suddirectory.  The MS Dos collection at simtel is
"PD1:<msdos.ada>", at oakland "/pub/msdos/ada", and wuarchive "mirrors/msdos/
ada".  I also believe that Simtel is mirrored in Europe.

  There was also a posting several months ago about an Ada source code
profiler available at the Ada Joint Project office (ajpo.sei.cmu.edu)
as  "ASAP".  I forget where it is stored.  You probably should also check
ACM's Ada Letters, Vol XII, No 3, May/Jun 92 pp 84-91.  There is an
excellent list of reusable software components.  Hope this helps.

Doug Brown

* Re: Where to get Ada code
@ 1993-02-12 21:23 agate!spool.mu.edu!uwm.edu!linac!pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu!cis.ohio-stat
From: agate!spool.mu.edu!uwm.edu!linac!pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu!cis.ohio-stat @ 1993-02-12 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <cffs.18@fox.nstn.ns.ca> cffs@fox.nstn.ns.ca (Doug Brown) writes:

[Part of original request]
>>I would appreciate the addresses of any Ada repositories, either posted here
>>or e-mailed to me. Sites that I can access via anonymous FTP or mail server
>>would be best, but anything will do.

[Doug Brown posted the following info]
> [text on simtel20 deleted]
>
>  There was also a posting several months ago about an Ada source code
>profiler available at the Ada Joint Project office (ajpo.sei.cmu.edu)
>as  "ASAP".  I forget where it is stored.  You probably should also check
>ACM's Ada Letters, Vol XII, No 3, May/Jun 92 pp 84-91.  There is an
>excellent list of reusable software components.  Hope this helps.
>
>Doug Brown

<<CORRECTION>>

The Ada Static Source Code Analyzer (ASAP) is not located on the AJPO
host, ajpo.sei.cmu.edu.  ASAP resides on the following ftp site,
"ftp.sei.cmu.edu", in the "pub/dd" directory.  Attached is a copy of
the ASAP readme file.

Software : ADA STATIC SOURCE CODE ANALYZER PROGRAM (ASAP)
Author   : Dennis Doubleday  (dd@sei.cmu.edu)
           Software Engineering Institute
           Carnegie Mellon University
           4500 5th Ave.
           Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Released : 07/24/90
Target   : Any machine running the VAX/VMS operating system.
Compile  : Using the DEC VAX Ada compilation system.

------------------ Distribution and Copyright -----------------
--                                                           -*
-- This prologue must be included in all copies of this software.
--
-- This software is released to the Ada community.
-- This software is released to the Public Domain (note:
--   software released to the Public Domain is not subject
--   to copyright protection).
-- Restrictions on use or distribution:  NONE
--                                                           -*
------------------ Disclaimer ---------------------------------
--                                                           -*
-- This software and its documentation are provided "AS IS" and
-- without any expressed or implied warranties whatsoever.
-- No warranties as to performance, merchantability, or fitness
-- for a particular purpose exist.
--
-- Because of the diversity of conditions and hardware under
-- which this software may be used, no warranty of fitness for

This directory contains the current ASAP distribution file.  FTP it
over in image mode and then use the uncompress program to turn the
file into a standard tar file.  After running tar on it, look at the
file README for more information.  NOTE: ASAP currently runs only on
machines running the VAX/VMS operating system.

Briefly, ASAP is an automated tool for static source code analysis of
programs written in the Ada programming language.  The purpose of the
analysis is to collect and store information pertaining to the
analyzed Ada compilation unit's size, complexity, usage of Ada
language constructs and features, and static interface with other Ada
compilation units.

--
Ada Information Clearinghouse (AdaIC)		|  IIT Research Institute
703/685-1477, 800/AdaIC-11, FAX 703/685-7019	|  operates the AdaIC for