From: butch!enterprise!news@uunet.uu.net  (Barry Schiff)
Subject: Re: GNAT on NT anybody
Date: 30 Aug 93 16:51:35 GMT	[thread overview]

The port I am interested in is GNAT on a x86 using NT. Couple of questions:

1. Who/What is the best source for me to contact if I am interested in porting
GCC to x86/NT or finding out if anybody is already doing this etc.

2. Since NT's API's are supposed to be the same on all platforms, would the
port of GCC to the DEC Alpha that Kenner mentions in his post be of help? If
so would I and others be able to obtain them?

Like it or not NT is going to be major player in the OS market. Previously, hav
ing only
DOS/WINDOWS was a good reason to ignore this major market segment for complex
system, but with NT
this changes. NT is a real OS and should be considered very seriously by any
individual or organization attempting to reach/serve a wide audience.