From: cis.ohio-state.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!howland.reston.ans.net!spool.mu.ed u!torn!nott!netfs!news@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (DON BERRYMAN)
Subject: Re: Odd Generic Behaviour <<LRM Experts Whats Going ON??
Date: 27 Aug 93 18:01:47 GMT	[thread overview]

In <1993Aug26.192757.2109@news.eng.convex.com> pelakh@convex.com writes:

> I suspect you have found a compiler bug. I ran this through the Convex Ada
> compiler (VADS-based), and everything was OK. Note the compilation order.
> After the pack1 spec is compiled, pack1.newgen becomes a pending instantiatio
n,
> waiting for a body. When the body of pack1 is compiled, code is also generate
> for the instantiation.
>
> Boris Pelakh		Ada Project Leader          pelakh@convex.com
> 		     Convex Computer Corporation
> "If winning isn't important, why keep score ?"	-- Lt. Worf, Star Trek
TNG.

I want a CONVEX compiler!! From an earlier set of articles I know that
it generates very good numeric code which is very important to me.
With CONVEX developing a massively parallel computer based on PA/RISC
is there any hope CONVEX will port its Ada compiler to PA/RISC?? And
if so will it run on my HP735??

Does any one know if GNAT will be ported to HPUX and the HP700s soon??

Don Berryman
Defence Research Establishment Pacific
Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt
Victoria, BC, CANADA, V0S-1B0