From: cis.ohio-state.edu!magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!cs.utexa s.edu!csc.ti.com!tilde.csc.ti.com!mksol!usenet@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (Bill Hope)
Subject: Re: Free Hawaii trip if you buy my Ada products
Date: 18 Aug 93 16:45:55 GMT	[thread overview]

In article Don@world.std.com, srctran@world.std.com (Gregory Aharonian) writes:

	<Some things I can take advantage of deleted or moved>

>    Then consider Symantec.  A challenger in the C++ compiler wars (given
>Borland's and Microsoft's dominance), if you buy their professional edition
>or upgrade from another vendor to their professional edition, (and I assume
>buy in some quantity, though maybe not) they will buy you two free round-trip
>tickets to Hawaii.

Sounds like fun.  The government restrictions and TI Ethics tells me that I
cannot accept such things for buying products, for good reason.

>    For example, Centerline is offering their ObjectCenter and CodeCenter
>C++ programming environments on a CDROM for two weeks of free use.  No
>limitations, you can try out their entire product at no cost for two weeks,
>at which time an expiration date kicks in.  You can also get it on tape.
>Their products use the Unix programming environment.  Contact them at
>1-800-NOW-CNTR to get a copy of their programs - if nothing else to compare
>their offering with what you get (or don't get ) from Ada vendors.

I usually have no problem getting evaluation copies of vendor software and
I really like the CenterLine tools for C/C++.

	<Other things I could take advantage of deleted>

I will agree that the prices for Ada products is steep, especially if only one
vendor supports the target processor you happen to be using.

---
||   Bill Hope			 || All Opinions are personal and have not  ||
||   ESA - Software Automation	 ||    been approved by Upper Management.   ||
||   Texas Instruments, Inc.	 ||                                  	    ||
||   email: wehope@dseg.ti.com   || Any Facts are Facts as I know them;	    ||
||   voice: 214.995.5618         ||    Others may have more accurate Facts. ||