From: pattis@beaver.cs.washington.edu  (Richard Pattis)
Subject: Seattle Info for Tri-Ada
Date: 10 Aug 93 23:07:46 GMT	[thread overview]

Because there is no local arrangements chair listed in the Tri-Ada Advance
Program, and because I am the only "local" person whose name (and phone and
e-mail address) appears there, I've been getting a bunch of questions about
local arrangements.  I'm ill prepared to answer some of the questions (e.g.,
I've never stayed in any hotels in Seattle, so I don't know the "best" one).
But I'm trying to distribute whatever information I can dig up.

Your best bet is to call the Seattle Convention and Visitors Bureau - that's
where I've been getting most of my information: (206) 461-5800.

Here is some of the information I've collected. Also note that the printed
Advance Program has a map of the downtown area, showing the relative
locations of the hotels and conference center: The Sheraton, Roosevelt, and
Hilton are all very close to the Convention Center, the others are a bit
farther away (but none more than about 9 blocks, according to the map).

1) How to find a bed and breakfast in Seattle. Call
     Pacific Bed & Breakfast Agency: (206) 784-0539
     Travelers Reservation Service : (206) 232-2345

2) The Sheraton Hotel vs. the Sheraton Towers.
      The Towers are the upper floors of the Hotel.

Rich
  Richard E. Pattis                     "Programming languages are like
  Department of Computer Science         pizzas - they come in only "too"
    and Engineering                      sizes: too big and too small."