* TRI-Ada93 Convention Center Address
@ 1993-08-06  7:25 math.fu-berlin.de!news.dfn.de!scsing.switch.ch!epflnews!disuns2.epfl.ch!d
From: math.fu-berlin.de!news.dfn.de!scsing.switch.ch!epflnews!disuns2.epfl.ch!d @ 1993-08-06  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

:                        TRI-Ada(TM) 93 ADVANCE PROGRAM
:                            (email version)
:
:                   Washington State Convention and Trade Center
:                              Seattle, Washington

Has anyone here the address of the Washington State Convention Center?

Thanks,

-Stephane

--
Stephane Barbey				"It's not easy getting real wings"

INJ-335, barbey@di.epfl.ch

* Re: TRI-Ada93 Convention Center Address
@ 1993-08-06 19:23 usenet.coe.montana.edu!netnews.nwnet.net!news.u.washington.edu!carson.u.w
From: usenet.coe.montana.edu!netnews.nwnet.net!news.u.washington.edu!carson.u.w @ 1993-08-06 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephane.Barbey@di.epfl.ch (Stephane Barbey) writes:

>:
>:                   Washington State Convention and Trade Center
>:                              Seattle, Washington

>Has anyone here the address of the Washington State Convention Center?

Except for the zip code, I think that that is the correct address.
The building is located over the freeway (I-5) and I am not sure that
it has a "normal" address.  In any case, since there is only one
building located in Seattle with that title, it may take a while to get there
but that address should get any corruspondance to the place.

* Re: TRI-Ada93 Convention Center Address
@ 1993-08-09  8:38 yale.edu!xlink.net!scsing.switch.ch!epflnews!disuns2.epfl.ch!di.epfl.ch!S
From: yale.edu!xlink.net!scsing.switch.ch!epflnews!disuns2.epfl.ch!di.epfl.ch!S @ 1993-08-09  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

: >:
: >:                   Washington State Convention and Trade Center
: >:                              Seattle, Washington
:
:
: >Has anyone here the address of the Washington State Convention Center?
:
: Except for the zip code, I think that that is the correct address.
: The building is located over the freeway (I-5) and I am not sure that
: it has a "normal" address.  In any case, since there is only one
: building located in Seattle with that title, it may take a while to get there
: but that address should get any corruspondance to the place.

We finally located the Convention Center on a map of Seattle: exit 165
from I-5, near the crossing of Pike Street and Boren Ave.

-Stephane

--

@ 1993-08-09 17:26 usenet.coe.montana.edu!netnews.nwnet.net!news.u.washington.edu!carson.u.w
From: usenet.coe.montana.edu!netnews.nwnet.net!news.u.washington.edu!carson.u.w @ 1993-08-09 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephane.Barbey@di.epfl.ch (Stephane Barbey) writes:

>We finally located the Convention Center on a map of Seattle: exit 165
>from I-5, near the crossing of Pike Street and Boren Ave.

My mistake, I thought that you wanted the snail mail address.  Yes, that is
the correct location.  As for getting there from the airport (SEATAC), you
can take a cab (expensive) or take the Metro bus route 194 from the airport
to the Convention Place station.  It costs less than $2.00 even during the
peak times.  If you are staying downtown, as long as you stay in the city
limits, the bus is free.  And getting around isn't that bad, I ride the bus
to the UW each school day and have survived a year of it.

* Re: TRI-Ada93 Convention Center Address
@ 1993-08-10 14:56 butch!force.ssd.lmsc.lockheed.com!GOTTLIEB
From: butch!force.ssd.lmsc.lockheed.com!GOTTLIEB @ 1993-08-10 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <2461ba$imf@news.u.washington.edu>, dcflood@carson.u.washington.edu
(David Flood) writes:
>>We finally located the Convention Center on a map of Seattle: exit 165
>>from I-5, near the crossing of Pike Street and Boren Ave.
>  As for getting there from the airport (SEATAC), you
>can take a cab (expensive) or take the Metro bus route 194 from the airport
>to the Convention Place station.

There is an airport bus downtown (Greyline) for about $6 directly to the
various hotels.

Most important to remember, even in these last few years of unusual weather:
   Seattle Rain Festival --- September through May

* Re: TRI-Ada93 Convention Center Address
@ 1993-08-10 17:08 usenet.coe.montana.edu!netnews.nwnet.net!news.u.washington.edu!carson.u.w
From: usenet.coe.montana.edu!netnews.nwnet.net!news.u.washington.edu!carson.u.w @ 1993-08-10 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

gottlieb@force.ssd.lmsc.lockheed.com writes:

>There is an airport bus downtown (Greyline) for about $6 directly to the
>various hotels.

Forgot about that one.  That one may be the most comfortable.  They use
Grayhound/tour-type buses.

>Most important to remember, even in these last few years of unusual weather:
>   Seattle Rain Festival --- September through May

I thought that it was January through December!

* Re: TRI-Ada93 Convention Center Address
@ 1993-08-12 23:45 cgl!sgiblab!swrinde!cs.utexas.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!cyber1.cyberstore.c
From: cgl!sgiblab!swrinde!cs.utexas.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!cyber1.cyberstore.c @ 1993-08-12 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Flood) writes:

>My mistake, I thought that you wanted the snail mail address.  Yes, that is
>the correct location.  As for getting there from the airport (SEATAC), you
>can take a cab (expensive) or take the Metro bus route 194 from the airport
>to the Convention Place station.  It costs less than $2.00 even during the
>peak times.  If you are staying downtown, as long as you stay in the city
>limits, the bus is free.  And getting around isn't that bad, I ride the bus
>to the UW each school day and have survived a year of it.

If you take metro (which I like as well), be sure that the 194 bus
says that it is going to Seattle.  It also goes south to Federal Way.
And, you definitely don't want to go there.  If it is after 7pm, it
uses surface streets instead of the tunnel (the Convention Place
station).  Get off around Pike or Pine.  The Convention Center is a
few blocks east on Pike and most hotels are close by.

The Grey Line is also good (bit more expensive).  If it's late and
dark, take the Grey Line, otherwise take Metro.