From: olivea!bu.edu!inmet!spock!stt@ames.arc.nasa.gov  (Tucker Taft)
Subject: Re: Ichbiah's letter to Anderson: Here it is
Date: 9 Apr 93 22:53:15 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <SRCTRAN.93Apr6103639@world.std.com> srctran@world.std.com (Gregory
Aharonian) writes:

>    By contacting Dr. Ichbiah, I have received permission to post his letter
>to Christine Anderson to comp.lang.ada.  Here it is.  While I can't comment
>on the technical aspects of his letter, from a marketing point of view, Ada9X
>sounds like a disaster.
 ^^^^^^

I encourage you to study the Ada 9X documents and the Ada 9X
"marketing" literature (both of which are freely available from
the Ada 9X project office, and most of which are posted on
ajpo.sei.cmu.edu as well as the Ada 9X bulletin board),
and to go to one of our many public presentations, and draw your own
conclusions.

Obviously Jean Ichbiah is entitled to his own view of the 9X process,
the 9X product, and the related marketing efforts, but there are many other
more impartial, informed observers whose views are worth considering as well.

(I certainly don't consider myself impartial, so I will spare you my views.)

S. Tucker Taft   stt@inmet.com
Ada 9X Mapping/Revision Team
Intermetrics, Inc.
733 Concord Avenue