From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!howland.reston.ans.net!noc.n ear.net!inmet!dsd!ryer@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (Mike Ryer)
Subject: Re: perl in an Ada-mandated world
Date: 9 Apr 93 17:14:13 GMT	[thread overview]

Newsgroups: Comp.lang.ada
Subject: Re: LISP in the Ada-mandated world (was Re: perl ... )

I get the idea ... If we write our LISP interpreter/compilers in Ada,
and our Jovial compilers in Ada, and our C compilers in Ada then any
language goes.  We could even use the automatic X-to-Ada translator
to re-write our existing compilers in Ada, and then we could attain all
the advances in software engineering and reductions in life-cycle cost
intended by the mandate without giving up PERL, APL, COBOL, FORTRAN IV,
*LISP, Common LISP, SNOBOL, PL/1, Modula, Eiffel, CLU, Basic, Jovial,
SPL/1, TACPOL, Smalltalk, Pascal, or that other language.

Perhaps if we re-write some Assemblers in Ada ...

-- Mike ;-) Ryer (speaking for myself only)