* LISP in the Ada-mandated world (was Re: perl in an Ada-mandated world)
@ 1993-04-09 15:21 John Goodsen
From: John Goodsen @ 1993-04-09 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

>We went throught this (specifically looking at the case of scripting languages
>associated with GUI builders) and found no help.  At least the ARMY
>regulations about what requires a wavier seem to outlaw all scripting language
>except in two cases: there is a blanket permission to use SQL to access
>databases and if a scripting language is translated into Ada as part
>of its compliation or interpretation process it is allowed.  Otherwise no go.
>We also thought but could never get verified that if the interpeter were
>written in Ada then you probably don't need a wavier.

In the Heragraph toolkit, an Ada GUI and graphics toolkit, we have a
LISP engine for rapid prototyping.  It is written entirely in Ada also.
Can anyone verify whether a waiver is required to write HeraLISP which
is interpreted by an Ada LISP engine?

thanks in advance :-)

--
John Goodsen                EVB Software Engineering, Inc.
jgg@evb.com                    - Ada & Object Oriented Training/Products

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-04-09 15:21 UTC | newest]