From: enterpoop.mit.edu!linus!agate!howland.reston.ans.net!wupost!darwin.sura.n
Subject: Re: Another point of view
Date: 7 Apr 93 20:17:00 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <9304061945.AA17403@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu> SAHARBAUGH@ROO.FIT.EDU writes:
>Dave Cook writes, in part:
>
>As a service to the entire computing community, we will be offering
>a free 2-week hands-on Ada course here at the Air Force Academy this
>summer.  Other than your transportation and lodging, there is no
>charge.  We have offered this summer class for the last 9 years, and
>the students have always had great words to say about it.
>
>--
>Let me paraphrase this from the point of view of an owner
>of a small business whose revenue is, in part, from Ada training.
>
>As a dis-service to the business community we will be taking
>some of the income tax paid by companies and using to give away
>for free the product that the companies have developed and are
>selling.
>
>Think about it!

What a whine bag. I see it more as:

We, the acolytes of Ada at the Temple of Booch, will provide to
interested potential cenobites the opportunity to study at no cost
the language of the Mandated Ones and take the imparted wisdom
back to their respective villages to further promulgate the power
of this language and increase its useage among the non-Mandated
populace. (Our fees have been taken from your already-onerous tithes,
and would otherwise be spent watching newly-hatched and freshly-
head-shaved Basic Cadets spring and prance across the Temple's
marble strips and terrazo squares.)

Really, Sam, I don't believe that Captain Cook is going to take
bread out of anyone's mouth but may very well bring new users to
YOUR door for more info, maybe even more business.

| Mark Shanks                             |
| Principal Engineer                      |
| 777 Displays                            |
| shanks@saifr00.cfsat.honeywell.com      |
| "We have such sights to show you..."    |