From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!howland.reston.ans.net!darwi
Subject: Re: General Electric's OMTool plus comments
Date: 28 Apr 93 12:30:01 GMT	[thread overview]

In <1993Apr27.001714.16303@evb.com> jgg@evb.com (John Goodsen) writes:

>>3.  I was told today that code generation is from the object model
>>only at this time.

>At this time, the Object Model is the *only* thing you can draw in OMTool.

I do not think this is correct.  The technical overview of OMTool R1.2 claims
Dynamic and Functional Model Drawing Capability as well as Object model support
.

The representatives that were at Object Expo in New York last week claim that
the next release is due in July of this year and will include "more than just
notation for the Dynamic and functional models."  They led me to believe that
this means that the models will be integrated to some degree and cross-model
consistency checks will be done by the tool.

They also gave me a demonstration diskette which I have not yet had time to
look at.  If you are interested the number on my diskette is 1-800-GE TRAIN.

I am not connected with them and am not advocating the use of this tool, just
providing information to those interested.

--Thor
dlc@ddsdx2.jhuapl.edu