From: howland.reston.ans.net!spool.mu.edu!sol.ctr.columbia.edu!ira.uka.de!news. dfn.de!hpux.rz.uni-jena.de!mwj@gatech.edu  (Johannes Waldmann)
Subject: VAX ADA - does it need a contiguous ADALIB.ALB?
Date: 16 Apr 93 13:40:11 GMT	[thread overview]

At our site, running VAX Ada Version 2.1 under VAX/VMS V5.5-2,
we frequently have problems of this kind:

> $ acs create lib [.adalib]
> %ACS-E-OPENOUT, error opening
> RST_UD_SCHWARZ:[WORK.PARA.ADALIB]ADALIB.ALB;1 as
>         output
> -RMS-F-FUL, device full (insufficient space for allocation)

There seem to be enough free blocks on the disk (and in my quota),
so I suspect it's because the disk is too fragmented.

What else can we do than de-fragmenting this or using another disk?
Is there a newer ADA version that does not require a contiguous
ADALIB.ALB?

Please email, I can summarize. Thanx!
--
Johannes Waldmann, Fakult\"at f\"ur Mathematik und Informatik
UHH, 15. OG, Jena,  O-6900, Germany,   phone (03641) 82 24778

email  joe@inuo30.mathematik.uni-jena.de  for this question's
   answer:  "Venn ist das nurnstuck git und Slotermeyer?"