From: vnet.IBM.COM@uunet.uu.net
Subject: Re: Question on tasking...
Date: 10 Aug 93 17:56:58 GMT	[thread overview]

In article:  8457    jjh@evb.com writes:

>I have a question in the following program,
>
>procedure Main is
>        task type Task_Type;
>        type Task_Ptr is access Task_Type;
>        Task_Instance : Task_Type;
>begin
>   block:
>      begin
>         Task_Instance := new Task_Type;
>         Task_Instance := null;
>      end;  -->  Does block wait until Task_Instance Terminates ????
>end Main;

John,
The block will not wait for the task to terminate as the access type to
the task is in Main.  LRM 9.4 1(a) mentions this.  To get the block to
wait, move the access type and variable declarations into a declare block.

* Phil Dennis      pdennis@vnet.ibm.com *
* McDonnell Douglas ESC  subbing to IBM *
* Of course these opinions are mine, I  *
* can barely speak for myself, let alone*
* McDonnell Douglas or IBM!             *