From: seas.gwu.edu!mfeldman@uunet.uu.net  (Michael Feldman)
Subject: Re: vender bashing
Date: 25 Sep 92 04:32:51 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <30845.12D1C93A@psycho.fidonet.org> Randy.Baer@f310.n3603.z1.FIDONET
.ORG (Randy Baer) writes:
>Ha...oops forgot her name..but over at Meridian..the girl that
>does the student compiler stuff...I read an earlier post by you
>on recommending it..I called and it's on the way.  But anyways
>she say she appreciated the recommends.  I really just hope it
>will work for me at home.  I simply HATE using the VI editor at
>school and I hope that if I do it at home and send it that it
>will compile on the schools ada.. (Risc machine Atrix (??)

In my experience, just about anything a student would write using
Meridian's DOS system will compile on just about any Ada compiler.
Just stay away from Meridian-dependent libraries, DOS calls, graphics,
etc., which (obviously, I hope) is not portable. Stick to the standard
stuff and you'll be able to move it easily.

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman
co-chair, SIGAda Education Committee

School of Engineering and Applied Science
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052 USA
(202) 994-5253 (voice)
(202) 994-5296 (fax)
mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)

"Americans wants the fruits of patience -- and they want them now."