* Info anout JANUS ADA compiler ??
@ 1992-09-13  4:34 haven.umd.edu!cs.wvu.wvnet.edu!wvnvms.wvnet.edu!un040337
From: haven.umd.edu!cs.wvu.wvnet.edu!wvnvms.wvnet.edu!un040337 @ 1992-09-13  4:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody out there,
I am thinking about getting an ADA compiler for my PC (486).
The add I am looking at offers Janus/Ada x86 compiler for $99.
Does anybody know anything about this compiler ?
I link to do graphics and somtimes BIOS stuff, is that possible
with this compiler?
I would also welcome suggestions about other ada compilers.

			Thanks for your time
			Andy UN040337@wvnvms.wvnet.edu

* Re: Info anout JANUS ADA compiler ??
@ 1992-09-14  4:09 Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1992-09-14  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1992Sep12.234255.3607@wvnvms.wvnet.edu> un040337@wvnvms.wvnet.edu w
rites:

>Hi everybody out there,
>I am thinking about getting an ADA compiler for my PC (486).
>The add I am looking at offers Janus/Ada x86 compiler for $99.
>Does anybody know anything about this compiler ?
>I link to do graphics and somtimes BIOS stuff, is that possible
>with this compiler?
>I would also welcome suggestions about other ada compilers.

For the money, you are better off with Meridian. If you are a student, you
can pay $99. for a nice package including integrated editor (less polished
than Borland but in the same genre), compiler, linker, debugger, and
libraries including some graphics, math, DOS interface, etc.

Call 800-221-2522; ask for LInda Souza. They take VISA.

I have no connection with Meridian; I just like their software and their
student-friendly attitude.

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman
co-chair, SIGAda Education Committee

School of Engineering and Applied Science
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052 USA
(202) 994-5253 (voice)
(202) 994-5296 (fax)
mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)

"Americans wants the fruits of patience -- and they want them now."