* MS Windows GUI tools
@ 1992-10-09 18:06 darwin.sura.net!mlb.semi.harris.com!x102a!rknazik
From: darwin.sura.net!mlb.semi.harris.com!x102a!rknazik @ 1992-10-09 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Area there any decent GUI tools which generate Ada code for PCs
  running under MS Windows ?  I have a project that I can develop
  in either C++ or Ada, but I would like to use a GUI generator tool.
  I'd like to use Ada for the project, but it hinges on the GUI tool.
  Any information would help.
                               Thanks
                                  Bob Knazik
                                  rknazik@x102a.ess.harris.com

* MS Windows GUI tools
@ 1992-10-12  8:08 cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!wupost!csus.edu!netcom.com!n
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!wupost!csus.edu!netcom.com!n @ 1992-10-12  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10-11-92, KNAZIK BOB wrote to ALL:

KB> Are there any decent GUI tools which generate Ada code for PCs
KB> running under MS Windows ?  I have a project that I can develop
KB> in either C++ or Ada, but I would like to use a GUI generator tool.

I've seen XVT used in other projects here and it works slick.  When I
called the folks at XVT (Boulder, CO) to ask about an Ada binding, they
seemed amused.  After mulling it over internally, they came back with a
very large (I seem to remember $40-45K) non-recurring engineering cost
for the binding.

I understand their position.  DoD's consistent slow-rolling has made it
very expensive for Ada users.  When there is not a large market, the cost
of the tools is high.  They may change their pricing if they see a huge
increase in the size of the market, but that would require religious
changes in the people who are required to use Ada by law.

Regards, Mikey (michael.hagerty@nitelog.com)
 * JABBER v1.3B1 #B042 * Similia similibus curentur [Hahnemann, 1796]