From: sdd.hp.com!cs.utexas.edu!convex!sercely@hplabs.hpl.hp.com  (Ron Sercely)
Subject: Re: HELP! Input/Output of private types
Date: 16 Nov 92 16:11:24 GMT	[thread overview]

You must add a subprogram specification to the generic declration that
will actually do the I/O.  You create this I/O procedure in the normal
way, then instantiate the generic with this procedure.

If you are going to have LOTS of instantiations this indeed can be a pain,
because you will have to create the I/O procedure for each instantiation.
This is an example where and Ada pre-processor may be useful to you.

Ron Sercely