From: att!cbnewsm!cbnewsl!willett@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (david.c.willett)
Subject: Re: Calling Ada from a non-Ada language
Date: 11 Nov 92 22:40:56 GMT	[thread overview]

>From article <1992Nov11.172455.11472@dale.ksc.nasa.gov>, by rsimonia@dale.ksc.
nasa.gov (Rick Simonian):

> I'm sure that most will consider this to be gross and unwieldy,
> but we need to be able to call Ada routines from non-Ada
> languages.  We first want to solve the problem from C; other
> languages need to be addressed later.

dcw-> You got that right, it's pretty gross and unwieldy, but what precisely
dcw-> do you mean by "call Ada routines from non-Ada languages"?  Do you
dcw-> intend for a C function (possibly main) to call an Ada procedure?
dcw-> Would running the Ada units as a "detached" (in VMS-speak) or
dcw-> "child" process solve your problem?  Why do you need to do this
dcw-> anyway?

dcw->	(John Bentley, in "Programming Pearls" says to always ask that
dcw->	 last question).
dcw->

--
Dave Willett          AT&T Federal Systems Advanced Technologies
attmail!dwillett      (AT&T FSAT)