* Re: Need 800 phone# for Verdix Ada Compiler
@ 1992-01-03 16:15 Arthur Evans
From: Arthur Evans @ 1992-01-03 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

martin@cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Michael J Martin) asks for a phone number for
Verdix.

The Ada/IC Newsletter from the Ada Information Clearinghouse has a
complete list of vendors.  For Verdix, they list Roger Baker as the
contact, 703-378-7600.

It's not an 800 number.  Curiously, the only 800 number in the list is
for Meridian.

You can find a similar list from time to time in Ada Letters.

Art Evans
Arthur Evans, Jr, PhD		Ada Consultant
461 Fairview Road
Pittsburgh PA  15238-1933
412-963-0839
ae@sei.cmu.edu

* Re: Need 800 phone# for Verdix Ada Compiler
@ 1992-01-03 23:05 Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1992-01-03 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <37181@as0c.sei.cmu.edu> ae@sei.cmu.edu (Arthur Evans) writes:
>martin@cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Michael J Martin) asks for a phone number for
>Verdix.
>
>The Ada/IC Newsletter from the Ada Information Clearinghouse has a
>complete list of vendors.  For Verdix, they list Roger Baker as the
>contact, 703-378-7600.

The list of contacts is also tacked onto the end of the AdaIC validated
compiler list.

>It's not an 800 number.  Curiously, the only 800 number in the list is
>for Meridian.

Sadly, that makes sense to me. Meridian is the only Ada company interested
in "mass marketing" Ada. Defense contractors can afford toll calls.
800 numbers are for "real people" to use. Only Meridian, at the moment,
seems to be interested in reaching "real people."

In Verdix's defense, they have an e-mail address for bug reports and
similar techie questions that someone there reads frequently.
I could go on for a while listing Ada companies that don't have Internet
addresses, or have them but never read their mail (or, if they read it,
they don't ack it).

Mike

* Re: Need 800 phone# for Verdix Ada Compiler
@ 1992-01-06 13:04 Ed Matthews
From: Ed Matthews @ 1992-01-06 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1711@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu> martin@cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Michael J Martin)
 writes:

>I have been unable to find ANY phone numbers for Verdix. I would be VERY
>appreciative of any help, direction, or assistance you may be able to provide.

Customer Support is 1-800-USE-VADS

Sales is 1-800-BUY-VADS

General Questions to 1-703-378-7600

Director of Marketing is Tim Ruhe (pronounced Roo), not Roger Baker.

We are moving over the Martin Luther King Birthday weekend (18th, 19th, and
20th of January).

New info is:

Verdix Corporation
205 Van Buren, 4th Floor
Herndon, VA 22070

The 800 numbers will remain the same.

The switchboard will be 1-703-318-5800

--

Ed Matthews                                                edm@verdix.com
Verdix Corporation Headquarters                            (703) 378-7600