* Request for C to Ada Binding Builder tool
@ 1992-12-08  0:11 Dan Gray
From: Dan Gray @ 1992-12-08  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'm looking for a tool that will take ANSI C functions
and create Ada bindings to all the C functions with
the appropriate pragmas, etc.  This needs to work
for the Verdix Ada compiler.

It is assumed that the application will be single-threaded
(non-tasking).  I know that such tools have been used
in the past for developing X Windows (and OSF/Motif) bindings
by HP (for Alsys), but I don't know of any that are available
to the public for the Verdix compiler.

You may reply directly to me: dan@talarian.com.

Thanks in advance,

Dan.

* Re: Request for C to Ada Binding Builder tool
@ 1992-12-08 15:56 cis.ohio-state.edu!udecc.engr.udayton.edu!blackbird.afit.af.mil!ss1!mayse
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!udecc.engr.udayton.edu!blackbird.afit.af.mil!ss1!mayse @ 1992-12-08 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <420@conan.UUCP>, dan@conan.UUCP (Dan Gray) writes:
|> Hi all,
|>
|> I'm looking for a tool that will take ANSI C functions
|> and create Ada bindings to all the C functions with
|> the appropriate pragmas, etc.  This needs to work
|> for the Verdix Ada compiler.
|>
|> It is assumed that the application will be single-threaded
|> (non-tasking).  I know that such tools have been used
|> in the past for developing X Windows (and OSF/Motif) bindings
|> by HP (for Alsys), but I don't know of any that are available
|> to the public for the Verdix compiler.
|>
|> You may reply directly to me: dan@talarian.com.
|>
|> Thanks in advance,
|>
|> Dan.

Me too!

maysee@ss1.sews.wpafb.af.mil

Thanks,

Eric

* Re: Request for C to Ada Binding Builder tool
@ 1992-12-10 13:26 agate!linus!linus.mitre.org!mwunix!m23588
From: agate!linus!linus.mitre.org!mwunix!m23588 @ 1992-12-10 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1992Dec8.155653.16731@afit.af.mil> $HOME@ss2.sews.wpafb.af.mil writ
es:
>In article <420@conan.UUCP>, dan@conan.UUCP (Dan Gray) writes:
>|> Hi all,
>|>
>|> I'm looking for a tool that will take ANSI C functions
>|> and create Ada bindings to all the C functions with
>|> the appropriate pragmas, etc.  This needs to work
>|> for the Verdix Ada compiler.
>|>
>|> It is assumed that the application will be single-threaded
>|> (non-tasking).  I know that such tools have been used
>|> in the past for developing X Windows (and OSF/Motif) bindings
>|> by HP (for Alsys), but I don't know of any that are available
>|> to the public for the Verdix compiler.
>|>
>|> You may reply directly to me: dan@talarian.com.
>|>
>|> Thanks in advance,
>|>
>|> Dan.
>
>Me too!
>
>maysee@ss1.sews.wpafb.af.mil
>
>Thanks,
>
>Eric

I've tried the c2ada translator from ICC, and it seems to work OK.
Note that it only works on C header files and not on a complete body
of C source code (they are working on the latter as a commercial product).
I my tests, I compiled the result using Sun Ada, and there were no problems.
It looks like they have other versions as well.

The files are on the host sgi.com, and you may use anonymous FTP.
Once you log in, enter the directory c2ada and copy from there.

Rick Conn