* Re: tutorial (unix based)
@ 1992-12-01 14:59 david.c.willett
From: david.c.willett @ 1992-12-01 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

>From article <1992Dec1.044752.4917@news2.cis.umn.edu>, by peschko@nautilus.mic
ro.umn.edu (Edward Peschko):
> hello --
>
> Does anybody out there have a tutorial, preferrably unix-based, for ada -- or

> failing that, know of an ftp site that has one?
>
> Or, failing even that, does one know of a really good instruction manual, whi
ch
> is so damn good that you don't have to have access to the compiler to test it
> out? (like I don't).
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> (I REALLY have to learn ADA fast.)
>
> Ed

If the expected flood of responses doesn't come in quickly, run don't walk
to your nearest technical library and check out a good text on Pascal.  The
day or three that you spend coming up in Pascal will save you time when you
tackle real Ada.  A good Ada text with a turtorial flavor is:

"Programming in Ada" by J.G.P Barnes published by Addison-Wesley

The Ada LRM (ANSI/MIL-STD 1815A) isn't bad either but gets vague in spots.
The LRM is available ftp from AJPO (sorry, don't remember the path to
Carnegie-Mellon -- boy I hope I spelled that correctly)

Hope this helps.

Dave

P.S. Spelling is not my strong suit.  Be kind... :^)
--
Dave Willett          AT&T Federal Systems Advanced Technologies
attmail!dwillett      (AT&T FSAT)

only message in thread, other threads:[~1992-12-01 14:59 UTC | newest]