From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!mips!darwin.sura.net!uvaarpa !software.org!smithd@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (Doug Smith)
Subject: Ada 9X plans for Generic Formal Packages
Date: 7 Apr 92 19:29:22 GMT	[thread overview]

A quick look at the March 92 Draft Ada 9X Project Report revealed
a new item:

    S.12.1.4 Generic Formal Packages [new]

However, the accompanying description and example leaves out a
lot of detail:

    o   How does the generic instantiate the formal package
        (named associations, etc.?)

    o   How are the profiles of the actual packages mapped
        to the profiles of the generic formal packages?

    o   How will defaults work?

Can anyone point me to further information concerning this
feature.  I have suggested something similar to several
people and see a great deal of power behind it--if it
really is what it appears to be:  Providing generic
packages as formal parameters to generic packages!

    Doug