From: elroy.jpl.nasa.gov!usc!rpi!sarah!newserve!bingsuns.cc.binghamton.edu!cons p10@ames.arc.nasa.gov  (Julian Insan Kamil)
Subject: associate functions to objects
Date: 14 Apr 92 05:21:37 GMT	[thread overview]

I'm working on a project for a Software Engineering class, and we're using Ada
develop a simple database management application. My part is on building the us
er
interface for the app. One of the data type that we're using is called an
EntryBoard which is supposed to manage a list of other objects like Fields,
Buttons, Titles, etc. Each of those objects should be attached to a function th
at
will be called whenever that object is selected (sort of like callback
functions). Now, how do you attach functions to objects? I consulted my Ada
references and it seems that Ada doesn't allow passing functions as a parameter
to a procedure (the way I did it in C++ to implement the same behavior). I need
hints and advice and examples on how to do this kind of things. Will anybody he
lp
me with some light?

-Julian Insan Kamil
Computer Consultant at SUNY-Binghamton