From: sdd.hp.com!elroy.jpl.nasa.gov!freedom.msfc.nasa.gov!robichau@hplabs.hpl.h p.com  (Paul Robichaux)
Subject: Re: Using Ada Extensions
Date: 13 Sep 91 20:04:09 GMT	[thread overview]

steve@titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu (Steve Glicker) writes:

>I am aware of the requirement for the use of Ada on government
>projects however an Ada implementation may provide language
>extensions beyond what is specified in the Ada standard.  Is the use
>of these extensions limited or prohibited on government projects?  If
>so how?  Is there an official document which addresses this?

Nope... the LRM, and AJPO, specify that the Ada language must be used *as
specified*, without supersets or subsets. This rule is enforced vigorously...
on the ALS/N Ada/M compiler that I worked on at Control Data, we had used an
Ada-like PDL to give us machine-readable documentation. AJPO made us request
a waiver, since the documentation was part of the source *but wasn't Ada*.

In practice, you could probably get a waiver, but officially, no extensions.

-Paul
--
Paul Robichaux                  | Disclaimer: I used to write Ada compilers.