* Re: VAXAda and LSE (Re: Looking for a UNIX Ada Compiler...)
@ 1991-11-16  2:35  Jim West (Stealth Contractor)
From:  Jim West (Stealth Contractor) @ 1991-11-16  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1991Nov15.013354.7411@usenet.ins.cwru.edu>,
ap423@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Michael D. Bates) writes...

>our design documentation up to date much easier.  I just wish it
>were available on other platforms.

  DEC Ada is available for ULTRIX, and currently in field test is two parts
of DECset (DEC LSE and DEC SCA) which work with DEC Ada for the ULTRIX
platform.

 Jim West                      |  The Schainker Converse
 west@widgit.enet.dec.com      |  to Hoare's Law :

 These are my opinions.        |   Inside every small problem
 Digital has no idea           |     is a larger problem struggling
 what I'm  saying.             |       to get out.

* Re: VAXAda and LSE (Re: Looking for a UNIX Ada Compiler...)
@ 1991-11-20 17:35 psinntp!vitro.com!v7.vitro.com!v7.vitro.com!eswgjp
From: psinntp!vitro.com!v7.vitro.com!v7.vitro.com!eswgjp @ 1991-11-20 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

.Edu (Michael D. Bates) writes:

> In a previous article, plummer@hercules (Dave Plummer) says:
>
>>is incomplete.  I don't know if this is legit or not.  In any event, I'm
>>going back to our nice, paid-for, non-questionable VaxAda, and promising
>>myself I'll get used to LSE...
>>
>>- Dave
>>

> LSE is great!  It's especially nice to use once you learn how to use the
> Source Code Analyzer along with it to do semantic queries.  Granted, it
> does help if you or someone else takes the time to customize it to
> project standards or your own preferences.  We had originally planned
> to do the pseudocode for our project using Teamwork's Ada structure graph
> editor and source builder (3.1.2), but we got fed up with Teamwork's
> unforgiving text interface (text cursor moves when mouse is accidentally
> jiggled, for example) and deficient source builder.  We customized LSE
> and SCA to make it easy to enter pseudocode as well as the design info
> needed for the Software Design Document.  We then wrote a TPU program
> to extract the necessary info and generate the detailed design part of
> the SDD.  LSE is a real pleasure to use, and it will make keeping
> our design documentation up to date much easier.  I just wish it
> were available on other platforms.

I recently saw a DEC notice that announced that VAXset was being renamed
to DECset and is being released for RISC ULTRIX systems. It uses a new Motif
based user environment for both ULTRIX and VMS versions.

> Mike Bates
> mbates@tusun2.mcs.utulsa.edu
> ap423@cleveland.freenet.edu
> Views expressed not necessarily those of my employer, but they should be.

_
       / Joseph Pecore                  USMail:	Vitro Corporation
__    /  Internet: JPECORE@VITRO.COM    	M.S. 4-2309
  \  /   Voice:    (301) 231-2784       	14000 Georgia Ave.
   \/    Fax:      (301) 231-1232		Silver Spring, MD 20906-2972