* Re: VAXAda and LSE
@ 1991-11-15 15:04 darwin.sura.net!uvaarpa!software.org!blakemor
From: darwin.sura.net!uvaarpa!software.org!blakemor @ 1991-11-15 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1991Nov15.013354.7411@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> mbates@tusun2.mcs.utulsa
.edu (Michael D. Bates) writes:
> LSE is great!  It's especially nice to use once you learn how to use the
> Source Code Analyzer along with it to do semantic queries.

I agree LSE is a real pleasure to use.  I also recommend investigating
how it works with CMS - makes using a CM system a big help rather
than an intrusion.  Just put the following commands in your
LSE init file.

set cms /noconfirm/noconcurrent
set source_directory [], cms$lib

and you can browse the latest CMS version of files safely in read only mode,
reserve to get a writable copy when you wish and replace in CMS without
ever leaving the editor.

I have to wonder about SCA though.  It sounds great but every time
I've tried to use it, it was so unbearably slow and crashed so often
that I just gave up.  What hardware and software versions do you have
where SCA is usable ?  How have you managed to get acceptable performance ?
Alex Blakemore           blakemore@software.org        (703) 742-7125
Software Productivity Consortium  2214 Rock Hill Rd, Herndon VA 22070

only message in thread, other threads:[~1991-11-15 15:04 UTC | newest]