From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!malgudi.oar.net!zeus.frankli n.edu!hart@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (Drew Hart)
Subject: Implementation Problems w/ the Package Calendar
Date: 13 Nov 91 13:33:10 GMT	[thread overview]

am aenior working for my BSCS and am trying to teach myself the language
Ada. I am having difficulty w/ the data types used in the Package
Calendar. I am using a the following syntax:

  t : time := clock;
  d : duration;
  begin --main program
     t := clock;
     -- main function
     d := (t-clock);
  end prog;

I am trying to find the growth rate of several algorithms using big O
notation. My problem lies in trying to display the value held in d ( the
duration variable ). I cannot find a package (text_io, basic_num_io,
etc..) that will allow me to display (put) the variable d.

Can anyone tell me how (or what package to use) to display a variable
with the data type of duration. Please send me a message directly (I am
not very expirienced w/ using the Internet). I can be reached at
hart@franklin.edu .

Your help is greatly appriciated,

Drew R. Hart I