From: jls@netcom.COM (Jim Showalter)
Subject: Re: Language Flames
Date: 23 May 91 02:18:09 GMT	[thread overview]

>Once again I'd like to plead for keeping this an Ada group. We are all
>entitled to our opinions; mine is that it's not a good place for
>language bashing or emotional comparisons between languages.

I could cop
out and say that Ted started it, but I won't because I disagree with
your premise. Yes, this is an Ada group, and so that is where I discuss
issues related to Ada. All of them. Would you prefer that the group
be limited to questions about Meridian compilers? Why? If the issue is
length, I apologize for the 700 liner the other day--but 500 lines of
it were originally from Ted... As for the emotion, I've been laboring
under the impression that I've kept it to a mild simmer for the past
couple of weeks. Is this not the case? I have received several e-mail
messages from people who thought my responses to Ted were factual and
not particularly emotional, which I thought was pretty promising feedback.

> why don't you guys set up a group for language vs language
>free-for-alls? I notice the Lisp proponents are into the act now...

It already exists: alt.flame ;-)
--
**************** JIM SHOWALTER, jls@netcom.com, (408) 243-0630 ****************
*Proven solutions to software problems. Consulting and training on all aspects*