From: jls@netcom.COM (Jim Showalter)
Subject: Re: Free Optimizing Ada Compiler
Date: 10 May 91 06:09:13 GMT	[thread overview]

>Most managers find the idea of removing compiler rights as
>something akin to insanity.
>Anyway, the point made by Mr Pattis with regards to reducing overall compiler
>usage is a good one, for it appears the Mr Pattis is not the only person to
>have picked up on this phenemenon of "compiler abusage".

I started to write a paper on this once upon a time, but I gave up because
I figured people would just think I was kidding: my thesis was that people
thought a LOT harder about what they were doing back when they had to enter
their programs on punched cards...
--
**************** JIM SHOWALTER, jls@netcom.com, (408) 243-0630 *****************
* Proven solutions to software problems. Consulting and training in all aspects*