From: stachour@sctc.com (Paul Stachour)
Subject: Re: Copenhagen Air Traffic Control System
Date: 24 Jun 91 18:13:27 GMT	[thread overview]

mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman) writes:

>I hope it was clear that my "bottom line" was sarcastic. I find myself
>wondering how the Europeans managed to develop a working, installed ATC
>system in Ada while the FAA system just drags along. The European airports
>seem progressively to be adopting versions of the Thomson system. Taken as

     I was told (take this as unsubstantiated, not fact) that one
of the reasons that the Copenhagen Air Traffic Control System worked
as well as it did is that it was:
   a) automated to all of Denmark
   b) depended upon telephone handoffs from other countries
       (no worry about machine-to-machine updates in-sync, losses, etc.)

  Please note that updating just the Copenhagen ATC for Demark is very
different from updating all of the USA.  It's maybe like doing Boston
only.

  Wishing I had more info,    ??Paul

--
Paul Stachour          SCTC, 1210 W. County Rd E, Suite 100
stachour@sctc.com          Arden Hills, MN  55112