From: netcomsv!jls@decwrl.dec.com  (Jim Showalter)
Subject: Re: Is CM important? (was: Use pragma INLINE or not?)
Date: 4 Jul 91 18:49:37 GMT	[thread overview]

eisen@cc.gatech.edu (Greg Eisenhauer) writes:

>Jim, this has nothing to do with Ada.

You're right. Sorry. Completely forgot that software engineering and
software engineering education have nothing whatsoever to do with Ada.
Nor do maintenance, readability, tools, or many of the other topics
that have arisen in this group from time to time. Sorry. Really must
remember to keep the conversation totally narrowly focused on the one
or two questions per week that have to do with something like mutable
record semantics or compiler recommendations for DOS platforms.

>I'm sure that there must be some
>newsgroup out there where people are interested in your opinions about
>how to turn out techno-droids who are as interesting as their keyboards,

Better competent techno-droids with a complete grounding in their
area of expertise than well-rounded semi-competents lacking an
education in even fundamental computer science. Besides, the idea
that you can "make" a person interesting is absurd. Interesting
people take classes in philosophy and psychology on their own. Dullards
remain dullards whether or not they have completed introductory
check-in-the-box general ed courses or not.
--
*** LIMITLESS SOFTWARE, Inc: Jim Showalter, jls@netcom.com, (408) 243-0630 ****
*Proven solutions to software problems. Consulting and training on all aspects*