From: kazoo!root@ford-wdl1.arpa  (Operator)
Subject: Re: chief programmer team organizations was (c++ vs ada results)H
Date: 4 Jul 91 22:30:33 GMT	[thread overview]

Showalter) writes:

|>    If someone can provide me with an explanation for why junior
programmers
|>    should be making architectural decisions affecting the entire
project,
|>    I'm all ears.

1: Junior programmers are less experienced, not (necessarily) less
intelligent, less innovative,
less educated, or less resourceful.
1.1: Age has a fairly direct impact on beauty, but on brainpower no
strong correlation has been deomonstrated.

2: Junior programmers are (usually) closer to "fresh out of school" than
we, which means (in general)
2.1: their Profs taught them the solutions to the mistakes that our
Profs made teaching us
2.2: Their education is based on less obsolete hardware, software, and
engineering paradigms than ours
2.3: they are less resistant to learning a new method to solving the
problem at hand than the relativly more
crusted, wizened, and lofty senior.

3: Further embarrassments available upon request, but please keep in
mind that the "half life" of experience in
the computer engineering field is about 5 years. I.e. what you learned 5
years ago is loosing the last parts of its'
relavence now.

Brian (the Senior and student of the Juniors) Brunner