From: agate!bionet!uwm.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!ub!galileo.cc.rochester.ed
Subject: Re: Is CM important? (was: Use pragma I
Date: 18 Jul 91 14:03:33 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <1991Jul17.195416.16684@netcom.COM> jls@netcom.COM (Jim Showalter) w
rites:
>bwhite@inmet.inmet.com writes:
>
>>On Jul  8, 1991, mattel@auto-trol.com writes in response to Showalter's
>>bleatings
> ^^^^^^^^^
>
>[50 lines of dense prose concerning curriculum modifications deleted]
>
>>This has gone on long enough.
>
>I've noticed something about this thread: just about everybody who has
>posted to it has ended their post with "Let's stop this thread" or a
>similar statement. Yet they don't NOT post to it. It seems to me that
>there are a lot of people with a lot of opinions on this subject, all
>of whom want everybody ELSE to keep their opinions to themselves. What gives?
>--
All right, all right.  That's enough.  First, I would like to point out that I
did not say anything about Jim's "bleatings"!  I respect Mr. Showalter's
opinions, I just do not agree with them.  Please be a little more careful with
the attributions!

Next, let's throw it open to a more organized debate:

What do you think IS important for a computer scientist to know?  Not what ISN'
important .. what should be taught.  (Never mind about how many hours it takes
to graduate or what other courses will be taught.  Students should suffer :) :)
).

Matt.
Matt Telles 	                 mattel@auto-trol.COM
                                 {...}ncar!ico!auto-trol!mattel
Auto-trol Technology 12500 N Washington Denver, CO 80241-2404 (303)252-2874