From: swrinde!sdd.hp.com!uakari.primate.wisc.edu!aplcen!ddsdx2.jhuapl.edu!dlc@u csd.edu  (Dave Collard)
Subject: Re: Theft of valid program namespace!
Date: 12 Jul 91 11:51:16 GMT	[thread overview]

In <1991Jul12.172704.10258@phillip.edu.au> x01233@phillip.edu.au writes:

>Under Vax ada I am not allowed to create an executable from a  procedure
>named TT as it clashes with something Dec have allocated.

Yes, you are.  You just have to be a little careful on the command line:

$ ty tt.ada
procedure tt is begin null; end;
$ ada tt.ada
$ acs link tt
%ACS-I-CL_LINKING, Invoking the VMS Linker for VAX_VMS target
$ run tt.exe
$

See?  No problem, but:
$
$ ada tt

 Interrupt

This hung.  You cant compile the terminal.  You have a logical name "TT" which
points to your terminal.  Do "Sho log tt".
$
$ run tt

%DCL-W-ACTIMAGE, error activating image TT
-CLI-E-IMGNAME, image file RT

Same thing happened here...
"It should be obvious that brewers have done far more
for human happiness than all of the vegetarian, tree-
hugging and bicycle-mounted moralists."
    --A. E. Housman
D. L. Collard
collard@capsrv.jhuapl.edu