From: arizona.edu!east.pima.edu!rharwood@arizona.edu
Subject: Re: re-re: Fortran to Ada converters
Date: 17 Dec 91 01:20:41 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <4532@salyko.doit.sub.org>, okellogg@salyko.doit.sub.org (Oliver
Kellogg) writes:

> 1)
> Where can I find the Advanced Tech. Systems Fortran to Ada converter that
> someone recently mentioned?  Note I don't have any anonymous ftp.
> Maybe you could give me a pointer on what kind of transformations this
> converter does, and what its weak points are.

There is a Fortran-to-Ada converter on the ASR.  It is missing a few data files
which are VMS-specific, which I believe SOMEONE has on tape.

A general comment for ANYONE without ftp access who wants things from the ASR,
STARS, AJPO hosts, etc, I highly recommend the FREE services of AdaNET.  They
will set you up with a free user ID to search their on-line Ada documentation
which includes lots of articles (mostly abstracts) and source code for reuse.
They also can give you help over the phone, and will send you floppy disks with
whatever files you find that you'd like to have, in a variety of formats.

Call them at 1-800-444-1458.  Ask for Peggy Lacey.
Ray
-----
Ray Harwood           |Data Basix           |Associate Faculty, East Campus,
Voice: (602)721-1988  |PO Box 18324         |   Pima Community College
FAX:   (602)721-7240  |Tucson, AZ 85731     |Instructor in Ada and Pascal
CompuServe: 76645,1370|AppleLink: DATA.BASIX|Internet: rharwood@east.pima.edu