From: elroy.jpl.nasa.gov!swrinde!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!malgudi.oar.net!zeus .franklin.edu!hart@ames.arc.nasa.gov  (Drew Hart)
Subject: Software Configuration Management
Date: 12 Dec 91 14:32:40 GMT	[thread overview]

  About five years ago, I was employed by DoD contractor supportting
military hardware (tanks, etc..). My department used Configuration
Management as a method for change control, and I found it very
interesting. At the time, I understood that a DoD standard was being
developed that applied these techniques to computer hardware/software.

  Does anyone know if this standard or specification exists? If so,
how can I get a copy?

  I will be using this information to aid in my research for my Senior
Project here at Franklin University. ( I would also be interested in the
names or any other information about commerically available software
for general business use ).

  Your time is greatly appreciated,

  Drew R. Hart tt
  hart@zeus.franklin.edu