From: jandres@sag4.ssl.berkeley.edu (Jeff Andres)
Subject: Re: User hardware/software experiences with embedded Ada applications.
Date: 9 Apr 91 16:28:14 GMT	[thread overview]

Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
In reference to your solicitation for other uses in a r/t embedded
applications, while I was with Ford Aerospace Corporation in Sunnyvale,
Ca; which is now Loral Space and Range Systems. We used Oregon Software
Inc. Pascal-2 Cross-compiler system with the VRTX operating system on
customized 68010 boards. The software which we wrote worked out great to
say the least and could handle 90% of our needs. OSI, on the otherhand,
didn't support us as best they could. We, or should I say, I discovered a
bug in their linker and their response was to say,"Oh well!" They
indicated that no body else seemed to complain and that I should rewrite
my code or change my linking, but they couldn't tell me what I had done
wrong in the first place.

VRTX was nice. It had all of the necessities that we were looking for.
Loral is upgrading the project currently and is going with a 68340, using
System Design's Cross-compiler. From what I here things are ok..more
reports when I here further.