From: xanthian@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan)
Subject: Re: ADA on Amiga And Oxxi
Date: 9 Sep 90 18:23:21 GMT	[thread overview]

davidm@sugar.hackercorp.com (David Martin) writes:
>ALL:
>  A friend tells me that ADA is being released for the
>Commodore Amiga by Oxxi. Has anyone heard the details
>about it yet? Or about their new program editor? M2
>compiler also?

I bought my Modula-2 compiler through OXXI - stay away from them.

Ada for the Amiga sounds like a dream come true, but if OXXI is
involved, nightmare is more likely to be the result.

At a minimum, let everybody else go through the non-delivery, the
unreturned phone calls and unanswered letters, the unkept promises,
until they've proved that this time they're _not_ out to screw the
customers with vaporware or shoddy merchandise.

Like I've said before about shady business practices, the net
has a long memory and a wide reach.  Especially the grouchy
parts of the net.

Kent, the man from xanth.
The M2 compiler was finally provided _at shipping cost_ from
Avante Garde Software in Plano, TX after OXXI refused to honor
their upgrade guarantee; nice people at A.G.S.