From: joevl@mojsys.uucp (Joe Vlietstra)
Subject: Re: Wanted:  Ada Parsers
Date: 13 Dec 90 16:30:21 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <9012102059.AA02272@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu> FELDMAN@INTELLICORP.COM (Roy Feldman) writes:

>Does anybody know where I can obtain source code for a YACC parser for
>ADA (preferably by anonymous FTP).  I have recently begun working on a
>research project which involves the analysis and synthesis of ADA
>programs.  It would be very helpful if I could avoid having to build a
>complete ADA parser from scratch.  This work is being funded by a
>research contract from NASA Marshall Space Flight Center.  Any and all
>help I receive in my search will be greatly appreciated.

A yacc compatible grammar for Ada was developed by Herman Fischer
at Litton Data Systems, Van Nuys, CA.
An updated version of this grammar is available in the SIMTEL20 Ada
Software Repository (ftp wsmr-simtel20.army.mil).
The grammar is found in PD2:<ADA.EXTERNAL-TOOLS>GRAM2.SRC
It is approximately 80K.

If you want a yacc parser written in Ada, consider the ayacc parser
developed by the Arcadia project at Univ Calif at Irvine.
ayacc is not available via ftp -- it is bundled with a bunch of
other tools from the Arcadia project.  It isn't free, but you can't
complain about $75.00 for a mag-tape full of software.
Contact Arcadia project at arcadia-software@isc.uci.edu.

				Hope this helps,
				Joe Vlietstra

Best:	...!uunet!mojsys!joevl