* Passing Procedures as Parameters
@ 1989-07-18  0:18 Krishan M Nainani
From: Krishan M Nainani @ 1989-07-18  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

	Does anyone know how to pass a procedure as a parameter in the
formal parameter list in Ada ? It can be easily done in Pascal whereas, in C,
a pointer to the function (or "procedure") is passed. If it can be done what
is the syntax ? Your help would be appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

* Re: Passing Procedures as Parameters
@ 1989-07-20  2:07 ` Johnny Zweig
From: Johnny Zweig @ 1989-07-20  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

tfrancis@wpi.wpi.edu (Krishan M Nainani) writes:

>Hi,

>	Does anyone know how to pass a procedure as a parameter in the
>formal parameter list in Ada ?

		As far as I know, you can't.

>It can be easily done in Pascal whereas, in C,
>a pointer to the function (or "procedure") is passed. If it can be done what
>is the syntax ? Your help would be appreciated.

>Thanx in advance.

	Really, you can do most of the things that you might be tempted to
accomplish via passing (pointers to) functions via generic instantiation,
rendezvous or using C or Pascal. I am told by wise people that it is not
a big shortcoming in Ada....

-Johnny Zweig
 UIUC Dept. of Computer Science
 #include <stddisclamier.h>