* Google Summer of Code 2008 and Ada
@ 2008-02-25 15:15 Tomek Walkuski
From: Tomek Walkuski @ 2008-02-25 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi group,

I thought this is very good idea to promote Ada and maybe do something
useful. Of course "organization behind Ada" is necessary.

Here is a schedule: http://code.google.com/soc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline

* Re: Google Summer of Code 2008 and Ada
@ 2008-03-15 22:43 ` Mateusz Loskot
From: Mateusz Loskot @ 2008-03-15 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tomek Walkuski wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I thought this is very good idea to promote Ada and maybe do something
> useful. Of course "organization behind Ada" is necessary.
>
> Here is a schedule: http://code.google.com/soc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline

Perhaps there are some GIS software developers interested in
development of Ada bindings to GDAL/OGR library (http://gdal.org/)
We have it included in projects proposal, point 14:

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SummerOfCode

GDAL project is developed under umbrella of OSGeo Foundation
(http://osgeo.org/). We successfully participated in GSoC 2007 with 12
projects. We've also applied to GSoC 2008.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code

Anyone interested in Ada development for GDAL/OGR, don't hesitate to
contact me.

Greetings
--
Mateusz Loskot