From: Adam Beneschan <adam@irvine.com>
Subject: Re: Those annoying HMTL entities from Google Groups
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 09:15:22 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-07-20T09:15:22-07:00	[thread overview]

On Sunday, July 15, 2012 9:13:05 AM UTC-7, Simon Wright wrote:
> You know how, of late, there have been a lot of HTML entities (for
> example, &amp;quot;, &amp;#39;, &amp;gt; for &quot;, &#39;, and
> &gt;respectively) in postings
> from people who&#39;re using Google Groups?

For what it's worth (likely, 0.0), I submitted a bug report to them, and I'd be shocked if they didn't have hundreds or thousands of the same report.  I'm also somewhat shocked that they haven't done anything about this--even just by backing out their latest update--since this is such a serious problem.

I dunno.  I'm beginning to think that Google has abandoned their famous corporate motto.  (Well, maybe that's too harsh, since it appears that they've kept the majority of it.  2/3 of it, to be precise.)

                            -- Adam