* Re:
       [not found] <910621071543.V91N173@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>
@ 1991-06-21 19:51 ` Bob Munck
From: Bob Munck @ 1991-06-21 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

In INFO-ADA Digest V91 #173, brett@decwrl.dec.com  (Bevin) says

>... I suspect that the major (Ada compiler writers) [DEC, Rational, Verdix,
> Alsys...] and many of the others [...]
>had already completed their first Ada products by the time the large numbers
>of people from SofTech and Intermetrics came looking for jobs.  I know that
>was the case at DEC, and are fairly sure about the other three I named.

Gee, when I interviewed with the DEC team doing the Ada compiler, about
half -- Ike Nassi, Larry Shaffer, Earl Van Horn -- were former
SofTechers. Earl probably left before the DOD-1 work got started at
SofTech, but not Ike or Larry. I think Ike is now running an Apple
research center in Maryland and Larry is a member of the Intermetrics
Ada-9X group.

Also, Alsys, being a rock-throw away, was rotten with ex-SofTechers.
TeleSoft got a lot of the SofTech Microsystems refugees, including their
CEO. I happen to think that we form a pretty distinguished alumni/ae
group; Tri-Ada meetings are practically SofTech Reunions.

Bob Munck

only message in thread, other threads:[~1991-06-21 19:51 UTC | newest]