* Re: gnoga.com work on freebsd?  anyone got a live site?
       [not found] <234f24ab-01ec-4dc0-98a4-3d997b4d030b@googlegroups.com>
@ 2018-05-22 14:12 ` Mehdi Saada
       [not found]   ` <66e13471-f23d-4615-8bcc-765b25892d3b@googlegroups.com>
       [not found] ` <d6b08c87-8576-4f0b-8d5c-59c2aa0a7e77@googlegroups.com>
From: Mehdi Saada @ 2018-05-22 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Honestly, I think I preferred you to this nutjob of amine-whatever. Couldn't both of you fight to death and not come here ever again ?

* Re: gnoga.com work on freebsd? anyone got a live site?
@ 2018-05-22 15:38   ` Luke A. Guest
       [not found]   ` <66e13471-f23d-4615-8bcc-765b25892d3b@googlegroups.com>
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2018-05-22 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mehdi Saada <00120260a@gmail.com> wrote:
> Honestly, I think I preferred you to this nutjob of amine-whatever.
> Couldn't both of you fight to death and not come here ever again ?

I’d pay to watch that, but what if amine wins? Fuck!

@ 2018-05-22 17:58 ` jrmarino
       [not found] ` <d6b08c87-8576-4f0b-8d5c-59c2aa0a7e77@googlegroups.com>
From: jrmarino @ 2018-05-22 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 8:40:19 AM UTC-5, polymorph self wrote:
> does gnoga kick ass over say yii php?
> what about vs seaside smalltalk?
> or swi prolog web?
> or django?

Ah, right on time:  "Can Ada/GNOGA/whatever make me money without me having to learn or do anything"-guy.
see: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/comp.lang.ada/nqGndzDiz18/7hbs1zvFBwAJ

Please go away and take Amine with you.

* Re: gnoga.com work on freebsd?  anyone got a live site?
@ 2018-05-22 19:31   ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2018-05-22 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 11:58:13 AM UTC-6, jrmarino wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 8:40:19 AM UTC-5, polymorph self wrote:
> > does gnoga kick ass over say yii php?
> > what about vs seaside smalltalk?
> > or swi prolog web?
> > or django?
>
> Ah, right on time:  "Can Ada/GNOGA/whatever make me money without me having to learn or do anything"-guy.
> see: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/comp.lang.ada/nqGndzDiz18/7hbs1zvFBwAJ
>
> Please go away and take Amine with you.

Ah, thank you for that laugh!

@ 2018-05-22 19:44     ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2018-05-22 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

polymorph self <jackvanc3@gmail.com> wrote:

> how about we send all indian and pakis back to home?
> no one ageed to h1 visa to let em in

Well, this guy is true scum.

@ 2018-05-24  1:31   ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2018-05-24  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 5:52:33 PM UTC-6, polymorph self wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 9:40:19 AM UTC-4, polymorph self wrote:
> > does gnoga kick ass over say yii php?
> > what about vs seaside smalltalk?
> > or swi prolog web?
> > or django?
>
> say you wanted to write an online chat site for dating
> date-chat
> using gnoga
> would you use files for persistance?

There's no technical reason you couldn't, given these requirements.

> or is it worth the complexity of postgresql?

That very much depends on less abstract/overview requirements -- if you're going to support massive searches, filtering, and the like it makes it more attractive to use a database -- if you're going with a more "bare-bones" there's no reason for any of that.

> I see from work that updating a database after few years use is sooooo painful that the app rots because no oen redoes the dataabse the right way

I can empathize; but I think the core thing there is that there's a huge deficit of valuation [culturally speaking] of design -- that's the reason there's "code-a-thon" events and not "design-a-thon" events.

@ 2018-05-24  5:00   ` J-P. Rosen
From: J-P. Rosen @ 2018-05-24  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 24/05/2018 à 01:52, polymorph self a écrit :
> say you wanted to write an online chat site for dating
>
> date-chat
>
> using gnoga
>
> would you use files for persistance?
>
> or is it worth the complexity of postgresql?
An intermediate solution is SQLite. Much lighter than a full fledge
DBMS, easy to make backups (everything in one file), but of course less
powerful.

Of course, YMMV. It depends on the size of data you expect to handle,
the number of simultaneous requests, the complexity of your queries...

--
J-P. Rosen
Adalog