From: cyberlync@yahoo.com (Eric Merritt)
Subject: Small question concerning use
Date: 15 Oct 2001 15:28:41 -0700
Date: 2001-10-15T22:28:41+00:00	[thread overview]

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to Ada, though I already love the language, and I have
a small question concerning the 'use' keyword. Many books and quite a
few postings to this group say not to use it at all, even the style
guide is fairly adamant about avoiding it. Yet, in many packages I see
it used frequently. Is there a set standard for when to use it and
when not to use it? I would just as soon not use it at all except some
packages names get really (really) long. Ok, lets say you don't use
it, is it then acceptable to use 'rename ' to shorten long package
names. Which is the more acceptable?

Thank you for your time,
Eric