From: clement@opus.cs.mcgill.ca (Clement Pellerin)
Subject: info wanted on debugging concurrent tasks
Date: 12 Feb 90 17:50:27 GMT	[thread overview]

Debugging concurrent programs is becoming a hot research topic.

I hope to adapt Ada debugger technology to Concurrent C.
Since Ada programmers have been writing concurrent programs
for a long time, I suspect there must be some nice
debuggers out there.  We might learn some lessons
because for now, debugging Concurrent C
programs has been near to impossible.

What is the state of debugger technology for Ada?
I am especially interested in "methodologies" for debugging
concurrent programs, i.e some theory as to how to go about it.
Once a methodology is found, a debugger can be written to support
it.  The theory does not have to be mathematical.

So how do YOU go about debugging concurrent tasks?
Is debugging tasks as hopeless as debugging concurrent C processes?

I would like a small description of what your favorite
debugger can do together with any reference to articles
that you've seen.

thank you.
--
news <clement
Clement Pellerin, McGill University, Montreal, Canada