From: bradley@chook.adelaide.edu.au (Bradley Schmerl)
Subject: Ada and Unix Sockets
Date: 19 Nov 90 04:15:03 GMT	[thread overview]

Greetings,

	I am writing a program in Ada which uses a blend of X events and socket
communication with other ada programs. I am running into a problem doing this,
because when a call is made to wait for a socket (or get the next X Event), the
whole Ada program (only one Unix process) blocks, and so other tasks don't
continue running. Is there any way of overcoming this problem, apart from using
a busy loop to continually poll for events?

	Oh, I am using Verdix Ada 5.5 on an Encore MultiMax under Unix.

	Could you also e-mail me directly, as I don't read this newsgroup
often.

Bradley.
--
bradley@cs.adelaide.edu.au