From: bwalker@marlin.nosc.mil  (Beth Walker)
Subject: Re: Public Forum Issue/Nitpick
Date: 26 Nov 91 16:32:22 GMT	[thread overview]

wellerd@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (David Weller) writes:

> My proposal, and I dare say I have found this to
> be a widely accepted approach, is lower case reserved words
> and mixed case identifiers.

Hear, hear.  I have used PL/M (sort of like PL/1), C and Ada.  The
convention on those projects was the above convention.  The only
addition we made to that was in the C program, where we specified
that the defined literals were all in upper case, to distinguish
them from variables.

Writing large amounts of code using all upper case for one group
of words and lower case for another category also slows things
down considerably for those of us that don't have intelligent
text editors which know the language we are writing in (and which
know the conventions we are following).  It's a lot easier, more
intuitive and MUCH more readable to use the First_Letter_Caps
convention.