* mailing list archives as PDFs
@ 2012-03-19 18:16 Patrick
From: Patrick @ 2012-03-19 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Everyone

I am slowly writing my first Ada app but spending most of my time studying. I still have two more books to go(Cohen + Barnes) but after that I plan on reading the past ten years worth of mailing list posts.

I have created several massive PDFs, each a years worth of posts to the list. Please see them here:

http://www.spellingbeewinnars.org/ada/

Some are over 10K pages but most of this is wasted space. I converted them from html to PDF so each page is rather sparce.

A more sensible use of these might also be to search for previous posts offline, for instance using pdfgrep.

Please feel free to download them but please download one at a time as my work website is also on the same economy hosting plan and I don't want any trouble.

Hope this is useful to someone-Patrick

* Re: mailing list archives as PDFs
@ 2012-03-20 15:34 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2012-03-20 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> Hi Everyone
>
> I am slowly writing my first Ada app but spending most of my
> time studying. I still have two more books to go(Cohen + Barnes)
> but after that I plan on reading the past ten years worth of
> mailing list posts.
>
> I have created several massive PDFs, each a years worth of
> posts to the list. Please see them here:
>
> http://www.spellingbeewinnars.org/ada/
>
> Some are over 10K pages but most of this is wasted space. I
> converted them from html to PDF so each page is rather sparce.
>
> A more sensible use of these might also be to search for
>
> Please feel free to download them but please download one at
> a time as my work website is also on the same economy hosting
> plan and I don't want any trouble.
>
> Hope this is useful to someone-Patrick

You might like to know that the Ada User Journal has been
providing a digest of the most interesting posts,
painstakingly assembled by various volunteers, for the past
three decades, and that all the issues for the years 2001..
2010 are available online in PDF:

http://www.ada-europe.org/AUJ/index.html

You might also want to consider supporting this effort
financially by becoming a member of your country's Ada
organization (see http://www.ada-europe.org/join.html
if you are in Europe, or http://www.sigada.org/ if you
are in the USA. Sorry, I don't know whether organizations
exist elsewhere).

--
Ludovic Brenta.

@ 2012-03-20 22:50   ` Patrick
From: Patrick @ 2012-03-20 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Ludovic

Thanks once again for responding to my post, your a great mentor