From: Luke A. Guest <laguest@archeia.com>
Subject: Re: Status of SDLAda
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 23:01:15 +0100
Date: 2016-09-12T23:01:15+01:00	[thread overview]

Michael B. <michaelb@example.com> wrote:
> On 09/12/16 03:12, Luke A. Guest wrote:
>>> Yes I will. Just been in Linux driver land messing with Radv and Vulkan for
>>> Gentoo.
>
> I'm glad to hear that :-)
>
>> The next thing I intend to work on is the event system because I don't like
>> what I have.
>
> In my tests it worked pretty well. What's wrong with it?

It's a bit too thin and chucks up warnings when converting between
different events. A thick binding would allow use of the type system. I
just need to create a test branch as I'm not sure if the performance
implications.

>> Also I need to add more texture iterators and then images have to have
>> similar.
>
> I wanted to use this binding to do some 2D gaming experiments. Therefore
> I need to create surfaces/textures from image files, but this part seems
> not to be finished yet.
> Would you accept contributions to your binding? I was thinking of
> writing something for SDL_surface.h and/or SDL_image.h which implies a
> binding for SDL_rwops.h.

Yeah I haven't got around to that yet. I've been meaning on looking into
copyright issues as I don't want this biting me at a later date. I'm happy
to accept contributions as long as they stick to the same kind of
interface, thin where need be thick when required, stick to the Ada style
and agrees to copyright assignment which can be done in a hit pull /patch.